Water damage can be one of a home owners worst nightmares and many times damage can remain hidden. Even small leaks can permit mold to thrive in unseen places like walls, attic and basement. This can create future health problems for you and your family. So what do you do?
If you have had water damage from major leaking or flooding, quick action to dry all affected areas is most important. Mold growth is rapid under these conditions and can begin in as little as 24 hours. Mold thrives in moist, damp conditions and therefore everything must be thoroughly dried as a first step.
Many times mold is only noticed as an "off odor" or an undefinable "musty" smell. You will need to carefully inspect your home for any past sources of water damage to assess if mold is present. Removal may be as simple as thoroughly cleaning an area ...read more